Sunday, April 1, 2012

Paleo toaster waffles

I know I posted a waffle recipe a while ago, but I promise you, this one is better. I always make a huge batch then keep them in the fridge. A quick trip to the toaster oven makes them perfect. They are a wonderful quick breakfast and they will keep you full until lunch. Hope you like my new and improved paleo waffle recipe.




Paleo Toaster Waffles

1 cup almond flour
1/3 cup coconut flour, sifted
8 eggs, 4 separated, whites beaten to stiff peaks
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp maple sugar (optional)
2 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup coconut milk

In large bowl combine almond flour and coconut flour. Add 4 eggs and 4 eggs yolks. Add vanilla and coconut milk. Mix to combine. Add salt, baking soda and maple sugar. Fold in half of the egg whites. Once well combined, fold in the remaining egg whites. Cook according to waffle iron directions to desired doneness. Serve with berries, syrup or topping of your choice. Enjoy!!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

7 comments:

  1. Just made these waffles, not sure if I missed something but they taste very much like eggs. Would this work with less eggs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can try if you want to sub more coconut milk in place of some of the egg yolks. I like having so many eggs for the protein content. It helps with my kids blood sugars.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These didn't work for me...
    It might be because I homemake my flours.
    The batter got wetter/thinner as I went since I can't make them all at once.
    I didn't oil my waffle maker - STUCK, badly.
    Sorry to be the downer here. On a good note we ate them anyway, in a pile, w/ berries on top!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry your waffles stuck. Another problem could be the iron temperature. When we use an iron thats too cool we often have problems with sticking. The homemade flours may also be your problem. This batter is thick and scoopable. We use honeyville grains almond flour and bobs red mill coconut flour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How much coconut milk do you add? It looks like the measurement is cut off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3 Studies SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally kill fat by consuming Coconut Fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medical magazines are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete